Monday, May 21, 2007

Work cut out?

I was shown a reusable e-learning object that was created and of which a colleague was very critical. I'm not sure whether the colleague was critical about the same things. As far as I was concerned:
1. There were too many pages
2. The titles of the pages were too long AND ambiguous AND many began with the same phrase
3. There was a text equivalent. BUT if the stylesheet was used in the first place, then that would not have been necessary.

They were just the accessibility issues. The presentation does not do all of that person's hard work justice.

I said that my main role within the secondment was to create an e-learning object, but I can see that I could become involved in criticising others. But we are here to learn. It's not enough to let things go.

Hopefully the learning object that I am developing will help people realise that it is EASY to create accessible learning objects.

I'll have to get JAWS going again, to that it can read out some of the links.

I'm concluding that simple guidelines are needed. And some sort of awareness training.